Brunch Club

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Season's Greetings

Yesterday, Paul called up and sounded very excited, as I too would have been if I had found Jake Shears's phone at the airport. The phone contained gems such as Kylie and Anderson Cooper's digits as well as text messages from David Furnish's assistant from the wedding.

So of course I called my friend Pam, who I think you all know and is finishing up law school at UVA. Pam, though excited about our Christmas miracle, was less interested in this turn of events than the idea that finally, after three years' worth of pleas, I would finally come down to Charlottesville for dinner. So I convinced my mom to lend me her new car and of course this happened:



Damn rednecks. Jay, a nice skoal-chewing 19-year-old kid in his dad's Volvo, rear-ended me while my car was completely stopped. So thanks Jay, and thanks Pam, and thanks Paul, and thanks Jake Shears and THANK YOU JESUS. Without all of whom this never would have happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home