Brunch Club

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Congratulations Brunch-Style



A big congratulations to our to most recently impressive brunch-club-yuppies-in-training. Annette got a new job (so I'm told) and Paul got in to Harvard. I am both so Impressed. Forbes & Harvard. I think you guys should pay for brunch this weekend. Could our little group be more impressive? I think not. Fuck all the other brunch clubs, they do not have as many intials behind their names (we'll even have an esquire in a year or two).

Because I don't know my 401(k) from my hot brunch spots, I'll just throw out two previously mentioned names for brunch this weekend to get the controversy started.
Miriam (Park Slope)
Essex House (I used the context clues to figure out where this one was. See, I'm on my way)

Also, as I was taking three things down to the trash this morning, I realized that rather than putting them there I could give them away on Sunday, so be prepared! I think Annette's bringing something so maybe I'll wait, but not too long. One of the is a brunch club re-gift! Exciting!

10 Comments:

  • i thought the congratulations was for adam and my engagement.

    i'm happy to eat anywhere - and who's watching the broncos on sunday???? i know lee and i are - even though we might not be together physically, we are united in our love for denver and the hometown team.

    By Blogger Annette, at 1/19/2006 12:55:00 PM  

  • oh and also - thanks for the real congrats. i'm very excited! one note - it's forbes.com which is a little different from forbes. i'm still a trillionaire now though.

    By Blogger Annette, at 1/19/2006 12:56:00 PM  

  • why can't you edit your posts - i keep forgetting things. like about how the bad thing about my new job is that KATE isn't there!

    By Blogger Annette, at 1/19/2006 01:14:00 PM  

  • dudes, i just realized i may not be able to make it this week... spending sat. night in jersey with mom. don't hate me. i've been very good with attendance this year.

    By Blogger amarc, at 1/19/2006 02:01:00 PM  

  • congratulations annette and paul! this is proof positive that it pays to put "Brunch Club, founding member" on your resumes when you're applying for jobs/grad schools. no doubt the hiring/application committee was impressed by your devotion to civic involvement, good food, and early morning drinking.

    By Blogger xtinec, at 1/19/2006 03:00:00 PM  

  • annette, i took a peek at forbes.com - will you be participating in their annual review of the Top Topless Beaches in the World next year?

    By Blogger xtinec, at 1/19/2006 07:43:00 PM  

  • Paul, I am so happy for you congratulations! That is wonderful. At least Boston is not too far away.

    Annette, I am very proud of you albeit a little resentful that you are leaving me! I am sure Forbes will make you a trillionare soon. You can always get Paul to be your business manager.

    By Blogger kate, at 1/20/2006 09:33:00 AM  

  • For those who have not been to Essex House, they have a pre-fix brunch package which includes two or three free drinks. Brace yourself. It could be a rowdy brunch!

    We should make reservations. It gets really busy there. I am happy to call.

    By Blogger kate, at 1/20/2006 09:38:00 AM  

  • You are both stars!

    By Blogger wfeuerman, at 1/20/2006 01:58:00 PM  

  • The reservation is set for 12:00. That was the only time they could fit our group. It is on Essex at Rivington and it is a prefix including 3 free drinks. (Sara, better warn your aunt!)

    See you at 12:00 on Sunday.

    By Blogger kate, at 1/20/2006 07:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home